Tuesday, April 04, 2006

It's Back, It's Really Back!

I know we usually don't post the next episode descriptions on our fun blog, but I'm just so excited that ABC has finally posted one that I had to share it with everyone. :) ~ srg-alias

In the two-hour return event, featuring the episodes "S.O.S." and "Maternal Instinct," Jack calls on former Agent Weiss and the APO team to search for Sydney after receiving a distress call from her. But Jack believes that a larger conspiracy may be in play, thwarting their attempts to rescue her. (Does this sentence confuse anyone else? Does Jack thwart their rescue attempts or does he believe a conspiracy is doing the thwarting??) Meanwhile, Tom's suspicious actions may suggest he has a hidden agenda, Irina Derevko is a surprise partner to Jack and a very pregnant Sydney on a mission to retrieve "The Horizon" - but her allegiances still remain in question -- and Sloane is forced to scramble when Devlin suspects a mole is working inside APO.

10 comments:

Kiki said...

Awesome SRG! Way to be on top of it!

Kiki said...

PS. I miss Devlin. He was nice old guy, always giving Vaughn crap. Glad he will make an appearance.

srg-alias said...

Thanks GS, Devlin is a good character, we haven't seen him since season 2 right?

jenn256 said...

Wasn't he is Season 3 when we found out the truth about where Sydney had been for her missing 2 years? I always liked Devlin also, and clearly JJ likes Terry O'Quin to put him in 2 of his shows simultaniously!! So if he comes back and suspects a mole, I guess that shoots down a theory from the blog a while back about Devlin being on both sides also.

As far as the wording of the post, I think you are correct, not well written by ABC. But it seems to me that they meant that someone else is thwarting their attempts, but you are right- hard to tell!!

Glad you checked the ABC board, I checked it last night and there was nothing, so they must have updated last night. So I'm sure we will be seeing JG do the talk show circuit promoting the return. We should all keep an eye and ear out for any shows she will be on and have GS post them!!!

Kiki said...

Devlin was not played by Terry O'Quinn, or TOQ as I call him. TOQ was Director Kendall. CIA Director Arthur Devlin was played by James Handy- little old guy with gray bushy hair and an east coast accent. He was Vaughn and Weiss' supervisor in the first season.

lhaaheim said...

Yeah Devlin is back!!!

Kiki said...

Terry O'Quinn also plays John Locke on Lost. I miss Kendall though, I wish they would have brought him back!

jenn256 said...

oh yeah, I guess when I first heard Devlin's name, "TOQ"'s face popped into my head and was thinking about him.
So you were right srg, it has been a long time since we've seen him. But why is he investigating a "mole" and not Director Chase? Isn't she the one in charge of over seeing APO? hmmmmmm!

Kiki said...

Nice catch Jenn. I heard that Angela Bassett would not be returning this season, as she and her husband just welcomed twins through a surrogate mother. Busy lady. So, perhaps they will explain her absense and Devlin will return.

jenn256 said...

tood bad though, I liked the idea of her being the mole and recruited everyone through Sloane, and the two were working together. I know everyone said it had been done before, duping the characters into thinking they were working for someone they weren't, it would just be such great evilness on Sloane's part to have pulled it off AGAIN, and this time involving a high ranking CIA officer!!