Friday, September 07, 2007

Alias Song of the Day

I thought I would add a little element for those of you who purchased an Alias soundtrack from me last year.

Today's Alias Song of the Day is Cat Stevens- The Wind, featured in episode 4.1-2 "Authorized Personnel Only."



It's the perfect song, as Sydney, devastated by the news that her father ordered her mother's assassination, is consoled by Vaughn in the round, red hallway of APO. Cute, hair, cute jacket, a beautiful Alias moment.

PS. Check out the new poll in the sidebar. Get to voting!


Oh, PPS. Here is a little trivia- well, more like an inquiry on my part. In what episode did Sydney wear this cute navy jacket? It's up for auction on eBay and the seller has other Alias items that need to be identified. I offered to help- knowing I have all of you bright bloggers who love all the little Alias details as well. Can you help me out?

9 comments:

uncle111 said...

One of my favorite scenes.

uncle111 said...

I mentioned before(?) that I have one of Syd's black turtle necks. I just got one of Marshall's few field mission alias outfits cheap. And I also picked up the jacket Renee was wearing right before she got her throat cut, also cheap. It supposedly was from JG's wardrobe and has her name on it.

I guess the longer it's off the air the cheaper these things become.

Girlscout said...

COOLLLLLL!! I want the jacket in this pic! So cute!

Page48 said...

Oh, yeah, I've watched that scene 1,000 times.

I love the way Syd turns around and tries to pull herself together. The first attempt at speaking gives her away, as she has to clear the crying out of her throat. Then it's like "who am I kidding?" and she melts into Vaughn's arms.

I would have been more than happy to do a Tonya Harding on Vartan and then volunteer to be his stand-in for that scene while he had a medic take a look at that knee. And I would have worked a lot cheaper than Vartan.

As was so often the case in "Alias", the music chosen for this scene was perfectamundo.

Season 4 was definitely stylin'. Everybody was decked out. The hair, makeup, and wardrobe budget must have been shot to hell by the end of the year.

Girlscout said...

No kidding. JG mentions on the commentary that she wanted to wear glasses as Sydney in season 4. She wore glasses and looked great. Loved her and Nadia's hair, not to mention their wardrobes. And man, I still love Sydney's beach house- I want it!

uncle111 said...

I don't know. I've been looking at that one on eBay, but I don't recall an episode.

SRM said...

hm, can't place the jacket... love the new poll! :)

uncle111 said...

I don't know what time yet, but I'm going to post the next Alias Revelation installment on Monday earlier than before for those who need/want to read it earlier in the day.

uncle111 said...

I just rea;ized that you forgot to put Lauren on the list of baddies.

Also, did anyone here win the jacket?