Friday, August 04, 2006

Scene Cap la la la


Just in case- "Yes, I want to marry you."
Okay, I posted this pic for 2 reasons. One, FINALLY Syd and Vaughn are engaged! Finally! After much debate on the plane ride into Svogda, Syd tells Vaughn to ask her on the beach. But, with the dangers lurking around every corner, Sydney can't risk it. She runs back to Vaughn and says YES!! YAHOO!
Second, this look is my favorite Syd-ism of all time! The "look-away smile." Sydney usually does this when she is overly-emotional. She drops eye contact to gather her thoughts, contain herself. She did the same when Vaughn informed her of her missing 2 years and she also did it when she asked Will to stop looking into Danny's death. The mannerism shows her vulnerable side, she lets down her front, exposes herself. I love it because it's cute and girlie and sometimes we don't see that side of Sydney Bristow.
Can you give me another example of a Syd-ism?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the way Syd closes a door shes just snuck into. She sort of does a 180 and gets really close to the door to make sure it closes quietly, then snaps back around to finish her mission. I noticed it the first time i ever watched Alias. I hope it makes sense and that it qualifies as a Syd-ism.

SKlaft said...

I love the triumphant look she has after thumping someone with one of her round-house kicks. She gazes down to make sure her opponant stays there, lips pursed, eyes narrow, fists and arms straight down with perfect posture.

The body language says, "Yeah, that's right. I just stomped you, and if you know what's good for you, you'll stay down."

Love her!

-R.

bristow_24 said...

I love when she touches her forhead as she gets overly emotional. This first came to my attention during her first meeting with Irina in the Rotunda holding cell.
I also love how she smiles in order to hold back tears. It's like a cover... she's trying to be strong, but just cant. The tears swell, and she smiles big (She even did it in "13 Going On 30" before Mark Ruffalo's character gets married).
Finally, the hair tuck. Thats a classic Sydney / Irina-ism.

SRM said...

That's too funny Liz! I also love Syd's hair-tuck, it's a very girly thing and also when she puts her hand on her forehead when emotions get too heavy for her. Don't know if this is a Syd-ism, but it's great when she does the calm-anger thing, like in The Prophecy when she looks the guard square in the eyes and calmly says "you get out of my way, or I'll make you get out of my way". No shouting, just the hint that she can totally kick your ass if you push it.

Girlscout said...

Oh SRG, you are alive! YAHOO!

That is a great Syd-ism. I love it! She's the same way when she yells at Vaughn, contained but harsh, her lips pierced.

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... Xenical nz dishwasher part repair signature Pc based systems diagnostic tool subaru dodge ram drags dodge viper nude teens 24 diego fitness hr san virginia dodge dealers Pontiac firebird car seat covers black-red Futon and mattress world 9210 cobra detector radar Diets teenagers pills patches diets teenagers Flexeril levaquin Berkley fishing rod Washer dryer leaves black marks clothes Currency exchange foreign trading spot forex tricked out dodge grand caravan Doing repairs on clothes washers Build hummer kit

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info » » »