Monday, October 17, 2005

Conrad who?

You might not have noticed. Played by actor David Carradine, Conrad was the quiet monk with great wisdom, living a peaceful existence in the mountains of Napal. He had several visitors; Sloane, Sark, Olivia Reed. He was a Rambaldi expert, in possession of great Rambaldi text; he knew the secret of the Passenger. And he died a tragic death at the hand of Sark, while being rescued by Sydney and Vaughn.

What was the significance of this character? We learn in season 3 that he started Sloane on his 30 year Rambaldi journey, that he held the scroll that informed Sloane that he had a daughter, a daughter that would be a conduit to Rambaldi himself. Conrad told Sydney that the Passenger would be her destiny, was she? Is she? Will we learn more about Conrad’s role as we learn more about Prophet 5? Who was Conrad the monk?

Any ideas? (And who didn’t love Conrad kicking Sarkie butt?)

5 comments:

SRM said...

yeah that fight scene between Conrad and Sark was great, very Matrix-like in that it looked like he could have beaten Sark w/ one hand behind his back and blindfolded. :)

While I was rewatching s3 over the last couple weeks, I saw the episode where Conrad tells Syd that the passenger is her destiny, and I too wondered what that meant. I don't see the finale of last season w/ Nadia trying to kill Syd while she was possessed as part of her "destiny", maybe it has something to do w/ Syd's baby?

uncle111 said...

I loved seeing DC in the role. I loved the character and the use of the name Conrad, alluding to "Lost Horizon." And, I loved seeing Sark so easily defeated by an old guy.

Vixen said...

Just wanted to say that I love your blog! Keep writing!

Desiree said...

Is it possible that Conrad could be one of the guys hired by P5 to do some descifering? Call me crazy!!!

Girlscout said...

Thanks Vixen. I love the support. Conrad could very well be part of the P5 group.