One episode to last the entire holiday season? Fooey! This is it people, this is it. Tonight is the night! Not only does Vaughn return, but it is the final episode before the winter/maternity hiatus. Below are some rules to help you fully enjoy tonight's episode. Happy Viewing!
Please raise your right hand and repeat after me…
1. I will not get my hopes up, though it is highly possible the writers would like to leave us all in utter duress in order to have us gnawing for more by the time March rolls around.
2. I will not cry; this is the holiday hiatus, not the end of the show. (Well, I suppose we can cry for Vaughn and Sydney, good or bad.)
3. I will pay attention to all things Vaughn, as there may be several clues leading to his full fledged return for the remainder of the season. (There should be several call backs in this episode, keep an eye out.)
4. I will note all call backs and references to old characters (Irina, Will, Francie, etc.), as it is possible these characters may be returning for the final season.
5. I will tape every last minute as to watch it repeatedly over the hiatus. (It will be my only comfort; that and about 4lbs. of chocolate shaped like Santa.)
The hiatus is going to be hard on some. Wednesday and Thursday nights will feel empty and without purpose. Hold strong. Just remember that this hiatus is necessary for the return of butt-kicking Syd and several beloved, long lost characters. The hiatus will rejuvenate the actors, the writers, and the producers. The season will resume with fresh faces, fresh storylines and new and exciting entertainment. Hiatus = Good! Haitus = Kick-butt Syd!
PS. Though I will be posting articles during the hiatus, please visit the ARCHIVES. There are tons of great articles pertaining to old and new episodes that you might have missed!
Remember: The First Annual Let’s Talk Alias Bloggy Appreciation Day is January 2nd. Turn in your pieces for the post contest before that date and you could be a winner! For more information see article “Bloggy Appreciation: Writing with Soul.”