So after another great SpyChat last night, Paul, Dark Alias, Lhaaeim, GS and I came up with some interesting points/thoughts/questions. I have listed a few of the questions, along with some previous questions that have yet to be answered. The answers or thoughts we had about them are in orange. If these are considered spoilers for anyone then I apologize in advance. We were wrong previously, but if anyone doesn't want to have any ideas about what may happen, then perhaps this isn't the post for you to read. For those others who have had fun speculating and throwing out ideas, then read and blog away!!!!
- Sloane told Jospeh, before getting on the plane, that he has been chosen. He, however, did not say that he was "The Chosen One". Sloane has always thought he would play an important part in the Rambaldi prophecy. Did he find anything significant in the original Page 47 text that he was looking at when Nadia came to the door? GS noticed some sort of text or lettering on the page when it was in the fire in the upper corner. What could it have said? He told her he wanted to explain it to her, what was he going to explain to her? Did Sloane realize that Nadia was not the true Passenger and therefore felt no reason to save her life? Was her throwing the page into the fire for him to discover the Rambaldi sign the only true purpose she served in this scenerio?
- Girlscout, Paul and I Googled the name "Milo Rambaldi" and surprisingly there were a lot of sites on him. On one of the sites they describe Rambaldi as "driven from a young age who dies alone with no surviving spouse or heir." This reminded me a lot of Sloane. Does Sloane think he is the modern day Rambaldi? Does he think that is why he is "Chosen" and was not as distraught over Nadia's death? Did he discover that he would die without a surviving heir?
- Irina said previously that the Passenger and The Chosen One would do great battle and one would not survive. Could Irina have been wrong about the prophecy, or is there an addendum of sorts to this prophecy that Sloane discovered on the original Page 47? Some could consider the battle between Nadia and Sydney in Svogda and fulfilling this prophecy. Nadia did not die at the time, but lost a year of her life to in a coma she was in due to the fight, and was then killed a few days after she woke up.
- Where does Nadia's death leave the prophecy? Was she not the actual Passenger?
- What does Renee's death tell us about Sydspinosa? Did Renee know something that P5 wanted to keep quiet or was she just collateral damage in the ambush in Ghana? Could the whole doubling process have been more about killing Renee and getting to Vaughn than anything we had thought previously? Why go through all of that trouble to double Sydney? Highlight following text for possible Spoiler info- AOL preview for next week shows Jack and Sydney discussing a chip that APO found inside of Renee after her death with Vaughn's real name on it, Andre Micheux. Jack says that whoever put it there wanted it to be found. Who put this chip in Renee, did she know it was there, or was this just a setup? What information could be on this chip?
- Who is the mole? Is the mole the same person who tipped off Ana about the ambush in Ghana? Or is Sloane the mole and did he contact Ana after Nadia died? Did Sloane realize the choice he made after Nadia's death and told Ana that Syd and the gang were coming after her as Nadia told Sloane standing in his doorway? Or is there another mole and we are supposed to just assume Sloane is the mole?
- What about Bill Vaughn and the watch? We have all noticed how time plays a huge part in the Alias scheme. Have we seen and heard the last of BV and the watch? When Irina told Sydney that "Truth Takes Time", was she referring to the watch? Did she know that Vaughn had the watch? Does Irina's statement mean that the truth will be found in the watch or with it, Truth Takes TIME-WATCH?!?!
- And what about Katya, Jack, Irina, the Cardinal, the Horizon? Where do all of these people play into this scenario?
So what do you all think? Did we stumble on anything new or different? With only 3 shows left and 4 hours of showtime, we have a lot of information to gather. I think Uncle put it very well, "this show is like a snowball going downhill with stoylines getting faster and faster and getting bigger and bigger". We will be thrown a lot of information in the next few weeks and it will be fun to try and solve at least some of the puzzles after 5 great years.